Toronto Protege Club Message Board  

Go Back   Toronto Protege Club Message Board > Discussion Forum > Club Projects
User Name
Password
Register Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Club Projects Proud of any home made mods or projects?

Old April 18th, 2012, 01:13 AM   #261
drunkmunky
Members

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
white wall paint for the falkens?
Old April 18th, 2012, 05:39 PM   #262
vtec-this
Members

same story with my ebay manifold. I wasnt able to do a good job fixing it with my limited talent and non gas welder (either i put a hole in the piping, or a dont get good penetration and it just breaks again) so now there is a chance that I am having one made up by a pro in the next few weeks if he decides to exchange welding services for IT services. I will keep you posted. If I dont get the tubular manifold made by him then i am going with a cast GTR manifold and a adaptor plate to t3 flange.
Old April 18th, 2012, 08:26 PM   #263
midnitehour
Officers

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec-this View Post
same story with my ebay manifold. I wasnt able to do a good job fixing it with my limited talent and non gas welder (either i put a hole in the piping, or a dont get good penetration and it just breaks again) so now there is a chance that I am having one made up by a pro in the next few weeks if he decides to exchange welding services for IT services. I will keep you posted. If I dont get the tubular manifold made by him then i am going with a cast GTR manifold and a adaptor plate to t3 flange.
i'm just gonna keep welding the cracks till it becomes a steedspeed. Don't even have to take it off the car, LOL.
Old May 14th, 2012, 06:07 PM   #264
vtec-this
Members

so hows the build going lately any updates?
vtec-this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #265
midnitehour
Officers

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
When I had the first motor in the car, I accidently hooked up one of the vac lines wrong and wound up pressurizing the crankcase to somewhere around 12psi.

So the valve seals were pretty much shot, and it was spraying out a liter of oil every 100-200km from the VC vent.

Also the water pump belt shredded itself after the alternater wiggled itself loose, and then I proceded to drive home from East side with no water pump.

THE BP IS INDESTRUCTABLE!!!

I picked up a 1.8l BP that had been sitting for a year for 200 bucks back in January, and decided to refresh it. I honed the block on cycliner #3, as it looked like there was a wired surface mark. couldn't feel it, but it was visible.

After a quick hone it was alot less visible.

I checked the clutch while the engine and tranny were out. The clutch was still meaty as hell. Surprising since I basically re-learned how to drive manual in this car.

So slapped everything back in, with my new churbo T2871 equivalent, and set the boost controller to 15psi.

full boost comes within 3300 rpm. and holy ***k, it's scary.

Couple of days of WOT pulls, and I can now say, the clutch is done. FML.

All is good as long as i keep the boost under 10psi. Past that in everything beyond 4500rpm in 2nd up is useless, as the clutch just slips. Kinda good news since that Exedy clutch was rated to 280ft# TQ. Means i'm making more than that. YEY!

I'm looking now for a stage 3+ clutch from ACT. which is good for 400ft# TQ.

It also means the motor and tranny have to take another trip out, which is not so YEY.

The megasqirt is also behaving really well, no idle issues or fuel delivery problems which makes me happy.

I'm hoping that once the clutch is in, I can hop onto a dyno day and see what these years of pain nets me.

I was able to keep up with a 135i (on an race track in mexico) before the engine and big turbo. So it'll be time to take on bigger bank rolls once the clutch is fixed.

I'm leaning more and more to put the widebody on, and get her painted with some 255 rubber, but we'll see.
midnitehour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #266
drunkmunky
Members

hey jeff. i bought a transmission jack from PA that i don't need atm. maybe it could be useful to you???
drunkmunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #267
vtec-this
Members

bump for updates
vtec-this is offline   Reply With Quote