|Group buys have become a great way to take advantage of the buying force TOP has. Over the years we have had dozens of great GB's and it is due to the work of the individuals who have organized them.
In addition to the Commerce rules, here are some tips/guidelines to think of when participating in one:
- Buyer Beware - Like all personal sales/group buys/trades, the buyer has the sole responsibility in insuring that his/her investment is a good one. This includes how payments are made and how delivery and pick is organized. This is the most important rule of them all.
- TOP and its Officers are not responsible for the outcome of any GB's.
- Do your research on the organizer of the GB. Talk to other members about the organizer, research previous GB's and ask questions.
- Prior to starting the GB, you MUST contact any possible Club Sponsors. TOP works very hard to maintain a great relationship with its Sponsors and has the confidence that they will provide their most competitive pricing. Supply them with all of the required info, let them know it is for a group buy and you have contacted other suppliers. If you already have prices, it's up to you if you want to give them those prices. If you do, they can try to beat them, or they might just say that is out of their range and will pass on the group buy. But at the very least, give them an opportunity to quote.
- Force the organizer to post up as many details about the GB as possible. This will help the overall process and insure that everything is on the up and up.
- Participate in the GB when possible. There is no better way to insure that it goes smoothly than participating yourself. It is up to the organizer to allow individuals to participate or not since the organizers are likely the one whoâ€™s reputation / credit is at risk.
- Do your OWN research on the product. Take the time to find out as much about the product on your own. This includes issues like fitment, compatibility and quality.
- The Organizer is often (but not always) benefiting from the GB. Please be aware that the organizer may be doing a GB for no other reason than to receive the same discount as the rest of you. Realistically, the organizer may be receiving a larger discount, a free product, or monetary benefits in leading this GB. It is up to you to decide if the BENEFITS of the GB are sufficient enough for you to participate. You should factor in the time and RISK that an organizer takes in conducting a GB. In the end, you do not have to participate if you do not want to.
- With the Club Sponsors, ALL Group Buys need to be approved by at least two (2) Officers. If you would like to start up a group buy, you are free to gauge interest on the board. If / when there seems to be enough interest, please PM an Officer and let them know that you would like to start an official Group Buy. The Officer will discuss with the other Officers, and will probably double check that you have given our Sponsors a chance to quote, so it's best to do this in advance. It is at the Officers' discretion whether or not to allow the group buy to take place. For the most part, all group buys will be allowed. However, if you are new to the forum, and you have no referrals, feedback, credibility, chances are that you will need to gain some before the Group Buy is allowed.
- If your GB is spanning multiple forums/clubs, you MUST post ALL details here. Off-site linking is NOT permitted.
- If there is a Group Buy already in the works for a product and you think that you can get better prices, PLEASE CONTACT THE GROUP BUY ORGANIZER PRIVATELY FIRST. DO NOT thread-crap in the Group Buy and DO NOT just start another group buy trying to compete with the one already in the works. NOBODY gains in these situations. It is in everyone's best interest to work together on these things.
- If you own/operate/work for a business or shop and would like to start a Group Buy, please contact our Sponsorship Officer to discuss Vendor status.